As part of our team’s continuing commitment to sustainability in our everyday lives, we have launched a new series — Exec Team Recipes! On this blog, we’ll share our favourite vegan recipes. Enjoy!
By Rachel Dong
Yield: 9 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Chia Egg Mixture
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup avocado (mashed)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Prepare the chia egg by mixing together chia seeds and cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Mash the avocado into the dry ingredients.
- Melt and stir the chocolate chips, maple syrup, and coconut oil on the stovetop.
- Add the chia egg and melted chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
Lose that frownie, eat a brownie!