As part of our team’s continuing commitment to sustainability in our everyday lives, we have launched a new series — Exec Team Recipes! On this blog, we’ll share our favourite vegan recipes. Enjoy!
By Grace Du
These banana oatmeal cookies are vegan and only three ingredients! Enjoy these as a refreshing start to your day or as a wholesome, healthy snack. They are best served straight from the oven, but will last several days. The simple nature of this recipe allows for all kinds of add-ins. Change it up by adding cinnamon, chopped nuts, raisins, or shredded coconut!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Yield: 12-16 cookies
2 very ripe bananas
1 cup of oats
¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
¼ cup shredded coconut, chopped nut, or dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash your bananas until smooth. Add the oats and mix well.
- Add your chocolate chips and other add-ins (optional)
- Using a spoon or tablespoon, scoop your mixture onto the baking sheet. You may leave it in a dome shape or flatten with your spoon. Depending on how big your scoops are, you will get between 12 and 16 cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. If your cookies are dome shaped or larger, I would recommend baking for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Store on the counter covered (will last 1-2 days), refrigerate (will last 6-7 days), or keep them in the freezer (will last up to two months)